Environmental Impact Management
The intent of SHIP Practitioners (Pty) Ltd / Specialized Help for Industries & People (SHIP) is to see that an organisation is aware of and understand how its activities are, or will be, affected by applicable legal and other requirements, and to communicate this information to relevant personnel.
Legislation and Standards
The requirement is intended to promote awareness and understanding of legal responsibilities. It is not intended to require the organisation to establish libraries of legal or other documents that are rarely referenced or used.
Typical Input from SHIP Health Practitioners (Pty) Ltd may include the following:
- Details of the organisation’s production or service realisation processes
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control results
- Best practices (eg codes, industry association guidelines)
- Legal requirements/governmental regulations
- Listing of information sources
- National, Foreign, Regional or International standards
- Internal organisational requirements
- Requirements of interested parties
OBJECTIVE: To provide a Protocol for an effective Ergonomics Survey. The outcome may include and is not limited to:
- To optimise human performance.
- Fitting demands of work to the efficiency of people to reduce stress.
- Designing machines. Equipment and installations to be operated with great efficiency, and safety.
- Working out proportions and conditions of workplace to ensure correct body posture.
- Adapting lighting, air-conditioning, noise etc., to suit people’s physical requirements.
Environmental Impact Assessments conducted by SHIP Health Practitioners may include:
- Fall Out Dust
- Perimeter Noise
- Stack Emissions
- Vehicle Emissions
- Water Sampling
- Carbon Footprint